Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hair or Fur?

Did you ever take your dog to the mall?
Probably not.

Have you ever seen a dog at the mall?
Maybe, at least once.

Have you ever seen TEN dogs at the mall, all gathered together?
I'm guessing no.


If you did, would you stop and look and wonder what was going on?
If you are like most people, you would.

That's exactly what happened today when all the families in training took their dogs to the mall. Now we know what celebrities feel like. Turned heads. Big smiles. Flashing cameras. Excited kids. I think more celebrities should consider adapting a child with special needs and getting them a service dog. They are already used to the attention and they can afford all the special care and services. Makes sense to me.

We managed to snap a few shots of our own today during the madness. Here's one that turned out pretty good.

We were there to get a feel for taking the dog to a very public place.

Yeah, sure. A mall on a Saturday afternoon. It doesn't get much more public than that!

All in all, things went very well.

HAIR OR FUR?

We thought it might be fun to play a little game. This game is called "Hair or fur?" Some people in class have commented that Yoko's fur matches Dylan's hair. We thought it would be fun to see if anyone could tell the difference.

Take a look at the photo. One of them is a close-up of Dylan's hair. The other is a close-up of Yoko's fur. Can you guess which is which?

6 comments:

Rebecca Vanier said...

LOL! You guys are great - I'll play! I'd say the top picture is Yoko's fur and the bottom Dylan's hair! Am I right? Am I right??
I remember those mall days - lots of attention. And we had an added bonus, it was December! :)
Becci

Sally G said...

WOW, a dog that matches the kids hair. I have no clue on that one, I'll let Becci get the prize. Those times at the mall, thank goodness for the gentle leader, and that it was August. Glad it is going well.

sally margs and emma

Joyce said...

Papa and I vote for the top picture being Dylan and the bottom one Yoko!
Miss you guys. Greg sends kisses.
mom

Joyce said...

I think the top one is hair.
-DAD STEWART

joefelein said...

Dylan's hair is the top one and the dog's fur is the bottom?

Did I win. Did I win the incredible prize?

Peggie
mom of Maggie & Albert(SD)

joefelein said...

yes, I win....yeah !!!!